1. The competition will be held in three age categories:
• Participants born after 31.12.2010 (group I)
• Participants born after 31.12.2007 (group II)
• Participants born after 31.12.2004 (group III)
2. The competition is open to the following instruments:
3. The competition will consist of two rounds:
Round I: The auditions will take place from 09/26/2022 to 09/29/2022 at
Universität der Künste Berlin. The program has to be in accordance with the list published on www.young-ludwig.com. The results of the auditions will be published online on 09/29/2022.
Round II: The auditions will take place on 09/30/2022 and 10/01/2022 at
Universität der Künste Berlin. The program has to be in accordance with the list published on www.young-ludwig.com. The results of the auditions will be published online on 10/01/2022.
4. Should the pandemic situation require it, remote auditions via video conference will be set up.
5. All auditions are open to the public and will be recorded.
6. The prize winners are required to take part in the closing concert on 10/02/2022 at the Joseph- Joachim-Saal at the Universität der Künste Berlin.
7. Please upload your application at www.young-ludwig.com/application
8. The application deadline is 08/31/2022, 5:30 CET.
9. Please attach the following documents to your application:
• Photocopy of an official identification document
• a recent photo of the participant
• Copy of proof of payment of the application fee
10. Only complete applications will be processed.
11. The jury has the right to decline any application without stating a reason for doing so.
12. The application fees are:
Age Group I: 150,00 €
Age Group II: 175,00 €
Age Group III: 200,00 €
The fee is non-reimbursable. The fee should be transferred at the time of application onto the following account:
Internationale Beethoven Gesellschaft e.V.
IBAN: DE 48 3608 0080 0422 5028 01
Bank: Commerzbank vorm. Dresdner Bank Essen
13. The selected program is binding upon application.
14. Certificates of participation will be issued upon request
15. The Rolf-Sawatzki-Prize in the form of a concert at the Berlin Philharmonic Hall with the
Berlin Symphonic Orchestra will be awarded to one participant across all age groups and instruments.
16. The following prizes are awarded (across all instruments):
Age Group I
• I prize: 500 €
• II prize: 250 €
• III prize: 150 €
Age Group II
• I prize: 1.000 €
• II prize: 500 €
• III prize: 250 €
Age Group III
• I prize: 1.500 €
• II prize: 1.000 €
• III prize: 500 €
17. The jury reserves the right to not award prizes, or to split prizes between two or more participants. The decisions of the jury are binding and final.
18. The German version of this document shall be regarded as solely authoritative in cases of doubt with regards to the interpretation of the text. The jury’s decisions are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
19. By signing the application from the participants confirm that they have read and consent to the a fore mentioned terms of participation.